My life as an aspiring teacher currently in school in love with a baseball player who will start his career in February and be away for 7+ months.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Sick

I'm feeling a little under the weather. I'm the last one to get sick in my family, and I got sick the last day of winter break. Since I was in bed most of the day yesterday I read an entire book. I have a collection of books from my grandma that I haven't read so I started with this one.



I learned a few things by reading this book, and was reminded of some things as well. 

  1. "You're trying to change circumstances that are out of your control rather than serving God in the midst of them. And you're worrying too"  - That is something I really need to work on. I always feel like I can change things and that I should be trying to change things. When that is not at all what I should be doing. I should be letting God handle everything and serve him in the midst of everything
  2. "I would be crushed if I lost you, but I remind myself of one thing: God is still in control. If it is God's will that you die, then you could go swimming with Tess on your honey-moon and drown." -The Bible says many times not to worry, yet I find myself worrying about everything and everyone I care about. Instead I should be praying and trusting God. 
  3. "Second Corinthians 5 days, "Therefore, we are always confident, Knowing that, while we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and are willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the lord' " - "Can there ever be good news at a funeral? the pastor asked. I just read the verses to you that would give a resounding yes!" - Again not worrying and being afraid of death. That verse explains it all. 
  4. "If at any point I had started to feel that I couldn't live without him, then I would have had to examine my own heart and see that as a sin. The only person I can't live without is Christ" - Remembering this has been a struggle in my life and I continue to work on it. 
This book is not only full of lessons. This book has inspired me to become closer to Christ. To read the bible and to be a better Christian. Besides that, this book is an amazing Love story. It's so special and I am so glad my grandma gave it to me to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment